Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Half-Full or Half-Empty?


Or, is the cup just half?  This is interesting...  We have owned some of these cups for years.  The other night I made a cup of tea, and then happened to notice that there was tea all over the countertop.  What?  I looked more closely and saw a hairline crack down the front of the cup, so I knew the cup was toast.  After dumping the tea I pulled on both  sides of the cup, and it came apart, just like this.  Usually when a cup breaks, it ends up in tiny pieces.  This looked so different, and so unusual, that I decided to photograph it.  It is amazing to see the cup this way, and to see the gentle curve of the breaks. I think this is interesting in a puzzling kind of way - "What is going on here?"  I love puzzles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

makes me think of...
"one’s not half two. it’s two are halves of one"... ee cummings..

Ken Spencer said...

Nice! I am a huge ee cummings fan! How appropriate!