Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I have been meaning to do this for a while...


This is the famous Japanese maple tree in the front yard, illuminated by car headlights.  I have seen this picture every time I pull into the driveway at night.  It's just that I never quite get around to shooting it. Tonight I said: OK, no more fooling around, stop the car here, and shoot it NOW!"  So I did.  I am fairly sensitive to the different feelings that different kinds of light evoke in me.  This lighting on the tree comes under the category of strange and creepy, and I like that, as a change of pace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grand!! How tall and how old is this tree??

Ken Spencer said...

Good question! I actually don't know how tall the tree is - I will have to measure it. When we moved into the house in 1971 the tree was there but it was much smaller. I will have to try and find a shopshot of the tree back then. Stay tuned...