Sunday, April 27, 2014

Six Abstract Paintings


I found this collection of six abstract paintings in the strangest place.  They were not hanging on a wall in an art gallery.  Actually they are panes of glass in the roof of a greenhouse.  During the summer months there is a white material that is put on the outside of greenhouses to reduce the amount of sunlight getting in.  Gradually the white material washes off, so during the colder months, there is more sun warming the greenhouse.  I just thought these looked like abstract paintings.  Each one is kind of an interesting object, I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really cool - that's no greenhouse, that's a Mark Rothko...

Ken Spencer said...

That's funny! But most Mark Rothko images, as I remember them have the bands running horizontally. Off to Wikipedia and my books to make sure... :-) Thanks.