Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Greenhouse


This is one of the photographs from our trip to Planting Fields.  This is one of the smaller greenhouses, off the main greenhouse.  I like the misty feeling through the glass windows at the end of the of the aisle.  I shot the picture in color, but when I was looking at the scene, I thought it might look nice in black & white.  I like it in color, but I like this better, for some reason.  Perhaps it is about all the subtle gray tones in the image.

Here is the same image in color, because my sister asked for it.  Brothers are supposed to do what their sisters ask...   :-)  It doesn't feel as if color adds much to the image.  Which photograph do you prefer?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post the color photo, too. bsk

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo uncle Ken!
-Kelsey

Anonymous said...

I like the color photo thinking spring and bright. The B&W looks dreary like the plants are dying.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the color photo. I read your e-mail so decided to post another comment to say I prefer the photo showing nice subtle colors. bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks to Kelsey and everyone for the comments! It is fun to see who likes which version of this photo. I'm sticking to my guns, though, and I still prefer the B&W.