Sunday, April 6, 2014

Crocus


This is one of several Crocus that have finally emerged from the ground in the garden next to the house.  What's crazy is how late they are this year.  My memory may not be right, but I *think* I have seen Crocus much earlier in the season in other years.  Maybe even poking through the snow in February?  And they are only buds at this point, not fully in bloom  as they usually are.  I guess it is all about the really cold winter we had.  I will keep an eye on them, and look for another photo when they bloom. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not a crocus which are in bloom now. It is a hyacinth which I think of blooming near Easter! :-)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Duh! It just goes to show how little your brother knows! Then this is sad news - we have always had Crocus in the side garden, and none have come up this year... I wonder what happened to them? That would be sad not to have the first harbinger of Spring...

Fuzz said...

I noticed the squirrels are particularly fat this year. Hummmmm.