Friday, August 22, 2014

Commonplace


I was making dinner tonight - a grilled hamburger - and I boiled some carrots to go with it.  Then I thought I wanted some other vegetable to go with it.  So I sliced up half of of a fresh red pepper that I bought the other day.  End of story.  Except then I looked at the remaining half of the pepper and was taken by what I saw.  So I went and got a studio strobe, and bounced it off the ceiling, to get shadowless lighting, and this is the result.  It is commonplace - just the inside of a pepper, but it is so amazing how it is constructed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should do a series of cut vegetables...think about the eggplant, cucumber and tomatoes with all their seeds. It could be really fascinating - beyond commonplace! bsk

Dean said...

Isn't symmetry wonderful! -Dean

Anonymous said...

Only you were go through all of the work & setting up strobes for 1/2 of a pepper. Love it! Love You!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for the nice comments. Yeah, it was a bit of work to get the big strobe, but that was really the only way to light this, I thought.