Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lavender by the Seashore


I was sitting on my bench in the park, at the end of my bike ride, and looked over and saw this lavender.  It stood out for me, because it was surrounded by all the green of the marsh grasses in the distance, and the green in the garden surrounding the lavender.  So I think this photograph is that simple, and uncomplicated.  Unless, of course, you want me to talk about something that makes landscape photographs more interesting - foreground, middle-ground, and background. That additional complexity can make photographs more interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photo. Does the Town maintain the garden?
Joan

Anonymous said...

Nice calm, serene photo - just like the smell of lavender... bsk

ken schwarz said...

This view of the fence with the lavender is a scene that I do not believe you have photographed before now. It is amazing how this small area in Sea Cliff along the water just keeps giving and giving beautiful pictures!

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, three comments on my landscape photo! Thank you all! It is amazing how little nooks and crannies exist all around here, and then one day something catches my eye, and it turns out to be a photograph that you all love. Thank you!