Saturday, August 23, 2014

Rudbeckia hirta


OK, so I am being a smart aleck here.  I went to look on Wikipedia to see if black-eyed Susan was hyphenated, and that's where I saw the latin name for the flower.  I am always looking for blind headlines which means that you can't tell what the story is about by reading the headline.  I think.  Anyhow,  I have driven by these flowers and this fence  a number of times recently.  It is on the way to the recycling center.  Today I stopped to photograph the scene.  I think I want to add these to our small front garden.  They really are pretty, and they would brighten up the present garden.  I think it helps that the fence is ivory colored, and not bright white, which softens the contrast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and they spread quickly. You could have dug some from Seaside but too late now!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Whoops! I should worry about them spreading... Maybe not a good idea.