Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Gnome Garden



I had a delightful experience this afternoon!  A couple of weeks ago, leaving the recycling center, I drove by this gnome garden, but didn't have the time to stop.  Today after I went to the Post Office I decided to finally check it out.  As I was approaching the front yard, the woman who made this garden called out from the front porch.  Here name is Rose, and she is a jazz singer!  So she told me the story of the garden, and about a number of the individual gnomes and where they came from.  She was thrilled that I wanted to photograph her creation.  I love the big gnome sitting on the chair - it is so detailed.  I had such a nice visit with Rose - we must have spent half an hour just visiting, and the conversation made my day.  Isn't that what life is about, meeting others and finding out what their passions are?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the big one in the chair. Makes me smile!
Joan

Anonymous said...

That is what life is all about.. so cool!!! :).. the story and the pics