Monday, September 12, 2016

The Getty Center


I went to the Getty Center today, to see a photography exhibit of early French  photography, from 1847 to 1860  It was an amazing exhibit - much better than I expected.  Fascinating that during this period the photographers made paper negatives in their camera, because glass plates had not been invented yet, and then printed them on paper.  I spent nearly two hours just in the one exhibit.  Then I headed off to see an exhibit of paintings by Theodore Rousseau called "Unruly Nature."  I am embarrassed to say that I didn't know anything about his work, and I was really taken by his work - really stunning paintings, and different than what other artists were doing with the landscape.  I also took time to do some photographs of the architecture of the Getty Center, which I always do.  This is a view of the plaza. I was talking with a woman photographer from out of the country, and we both agreed that the architecture here is so spectacular, that it is hard to spend time in the galleries looking at exhibits, with such amazing architecture all around us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a specular day enjoying all kinds of art. What joy! bsk