Friday, February 3, 2017

The Grasses of Winter


I ran out of photographs, so the solution is to always go for a walk.  Down to where the power plant used to be.  It is a three and one-half mile walk and can take as little as an hour and twenty minutes, or much longer, depending on how many times I stop to photograph.  The trick is to see if I can find something new to photograph along this well-traveled route.  Today I saw these grasses in the front yard of a neighbor who lives two doors down.  I am decent as a photographer, but not good with words at all.  So it is hard to describe what it is that I love about this.  I think it has to do with the delicacy of the grasses and the gentle curves they make.  I used black & white for this image because I thought that color was distracting.  I do love the rich tones in this image.

No comments: