Friday, February 2, 2018

"Pastrami on Rye, Please, No Mustard..."


There was a food story in Newsday the other day that said a restaurant was offering a pastrami sandwich for the super bowl, and it cost $1000.  It had truffles and gold leaf, among other ingredients!  I have not had a pastrami sandwich in probably 25 years.  I just don't go to delicatessens for sandwiches, and if I do, I usually have roast beef.  But when I saw that story I just HAD to have a pastrami sandwich.  So I went to one of the local delis and bought this!  I only ate half of it today, I will have the other half tomorrow.  It was absolutely delicious!  Oh, and note that it came with a dill pickle spear, in the top of the photograph.

4 comments:

ken schwarz said...

By coincidence, I had a pretty decent (decent by southern standards) Pastrami on Rye about two weeks ago. It actually was much better than I anticipated but not up to the gold standards of famous places like the 2nd Avenue Deli, Katz and the now closed Stage Delicatessen all located in New York City. I love a great overstuffed pastrami sandwich on rye "with mustard" and dill pickle! Your enticing photo and my recent enjoyable experience makes me want a repeat taste treat soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Pastrami and cheese on rye please. You will be thirsty for a few days. Maybe once a year I get a craving.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I want to run out right now and buy a pastrami sandwich on rye with swiss and mustard and a pickle! This photo makes me hungry...betsey

Anonymous said...

I don't eat meat but it looks delicious!! Trace