Monday, February 19, 2018

The Empire State Building At Night


After our afternoon at the Museum of Modern Art, I took a walk over to B&H Photo because I needed to pick up a piece of photographic equipment.  Walking back to Penn Station I was looking directly at the Empire State Building the whole way to Penn.  It is always illuminated, I think - I can't remember for sure.  But on this day the colors were changing and I watched all the changes while standing on a street corner at 8th Avenue.  I shot all the different colors, but the red was my favorite, for some reason. Seeing the vertical lights on the building to the right made all the difference in my photo because it added another point of interest.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

What did you buy?

Ken Spencer said...

I bought a small light box, believe it or not. I am weeding out all these sheets of negatives and transparencies. I am tired of holding them up to a light bulb! Lots of stuff going into the trash.