Friday, March 30, 2018

Buns & Roses


This is Buns N' Roses, an astounding restaurant where we had breakfast, in Marfa, Texas.  The sign says "Light breakfast and lunch" and it also says "24 - Hour Wrecker Service."  I guess that's all need!  If you didn't know better, you might not stop here.  What is amazing is the industrial building that it is housed in.


This is a detail inside the building showing its construction out of galvanized steel.


There are a couple of old trucks parked next to the restaurant.  I am not a motorhead, so I hope one of my friends can tell me more about these wonderful machines from the past.


I am wrong - actually this is a Cheverolet Apache.  I have no idea of the year.  Time to go look it up.


We dined inside the building, but it was a warm day and they do have a table and chairs outside.


And here's an interior view.  The breakfast was delicious, and the coffee was awesome, and the wait staff couldn't have been nicer!  If you are going through Marfa, you must stop here!


2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Well, I am far from being a motorhead but your photos of two old rusty pickup trucks parked outside of "Buns & Roses" peaked my interest. In particular, I noticed the wrap around windshield on the GMC truck but the truck has bubble fenders typical for 1940's vehicles. Wrap around windshields weren't available until 1952 when it became a new styling feature first introduced on a 1952 Caddy. With some help from Google, my guess would be: a 1953 GMC pickup truck and a 1958 Chevy Apache! Usually, front end grills and rear taillights are the telling signs when trying to identify a specific model year - especially for American made cars!

On another subject, the all metal construction of "Buns & Roses" strikes me as a very difficult building to keep cool during hot summer days.

Ken Spencer said...

Primo! You ARE a motorhead! And I wondered about the restaurant building and what it might take to keep cool. It is galvanized metal, and it is bright, so my first thought is that it might reflect a lot of sunlight. Sorry I didn't think to ask while I was there.