Wednesday, March 28, 2018

White Sands National Monument by Day


These are scenes from White Sands.  It is an astounding landscape, like nothing I have ever seen before!  I was hoping for bright sunlight at sunset and sunrise so the orange light would be raking across the dunes, and the wavelets in the sand on the dunes.  But that was not to be.  The sky was covered by high clouds, giving a soft light.  But that turned out to be OK, and the sun broke through at the last minute for a few minutes.  I am thrilled with all the photographs.  I may post even more photos taken during the day, tomorrow.  Then I will show you some photographs taken at night.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the second photo with the "s" curve. Just gorgeous!! All these white sands photos are wonderful. So different...betsey