Monday, August 6, 2018

Guitar Testing


I picked up my friends Roger and Nha from JFK today after their 20 hours of flying from Sydney, Australia.  We had a lovely dinner and sat around in our back room visiting.  When they went upstairs, Roger spied Amy's guitar case in the upstairs hall.  He immediately took the guitar out and started tuning it.  the first thing he said was that the guitar strings were old.  "How can you tell?" I asked.  Roger said that guitar strings rust, and then your fingers don't slide on them easily.  He got it a bit more in tune and began playing.  It was really wonderful to hear beautiful music coming from Amy's old guitar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew that Amy played guitar! I gave my old guitar to Jonathan many years ago. But sometimes I wish I could pick one up just to see if i could still play...betsey