Friday, August 24, 2018

Life in the Subway


I love the New York City Subway!  I love using it to get around, and I love people watching when I am underground.  I got off the new Second Avenue Subway at 86th street.  This one of the new stations for this extension of the Q line.  What we are looking at here is a portrait of a woman done by Chuck Close, done in pieces of colored tile.  I stopped to photograph the portrait and noticed there was a musician on the left side, then these two men stopped to talk, just as the young man on the right started looking at his phone.  Bingo!  Life in the subway.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognized the Chuck Close piece right away and thought " isn't it cool that one of his pieces s in the subway". betsey

Ken Spencer said...

That's so great that you recognized the Chuck Close portrait!