Saturday, April 15, 2023

The Bridge


I drove up to Rockland county today for a giant Astronomy convention.  And of course I have to cross the Hudson river, and I did that by driving over the new Tappan Zee Bridge.  I have to tell you, each time I cross this bridge I am stunned by how spectacular it is!  I have to say, that with all his faults, which came to light after the bridge was finished, Andrew Cuomo did an outstanding job willing this bridge into existence, and picking a spectacular design for it.  


I like the first photograph best, when I was headed west across the Hudson.  But on the way home, headed east across the Hudson, this image is not bad either.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new bridge is an amazing piece of art. Spectacular photo, I remember watching it being built on rare trips to NJ or SC.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The top photo makes me think of sails on the water. Love the bright white against the blue cloudy sky. The bottom photo is more about design and all the geometric lines. Tough to choose between them. The design is spectacular! Betsey