Thursday, April 20, 2023

The Magnolia


This is the Magnolia tree that Judy, our next door neighbor has on her property.  It may have been just a bit past it's prime when I photographed it the other day.  I couldn't decide which I liked better, a photograph of the whole tree, or this closeup.  I do love these blossoms against the deep blue sky, so maybe this is my favorite.  But I did try a photograph with more of the tree in it. You should know that to get these blooms against the sky, I stood close to the tree and used a 400mm lens to get these blossoms up close.


This shows more of the Magnolia tree, but I think the thing I love the most is the small garden shed on the neighbor's lawn across the street, with the bright red door.  Anyhow, you get two photographs to enjoy instead of just one!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Magnolia blossom against the deep blue sky is outstanding.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like both but the closeup is gorgeous against the bright blue sky. Betsey