Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Finished Table


Thank you all who wrote to me about the table project.  So I do owe you all photographs of the finished table.  So that's why I am doing a second posting so you can see both the new finish on the tabletop and the whole table after it was finished.  So this is the table top, and you can even see a faint reflection of a white window frame on the far side of the tabletop.  That is some shiny surface!


And here is the finished table in Vince and Jo Anne's sun room.  So what an amazing table this is.  You might wonder what the two spindles just under the tabletop are about.  Actually there are four spindles and they hold that square piece about 6 inches below the bottom of the tabletop.  The whole tabletop lifts off the base!  For storage, I am thinking.  I must confess I would not have the patience to refinish the rest of the table!  Can you imagine carefully hand sanding the spindles and the central post and those three legs?  Yikes!  But there are people who relish projects like this.  Like my sister Joan who faithfully reads the blog every day.  You would not believe some of the refinishing projects she has done, and she even learned how to replace rush and cake seats!  Now THAT is a project and a half!  But I just refinished the flat top.  That's just child's play compared to what a real refinisher would do!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the finished table. It is very unique and I wondered if it was a flip top table. Beautiful setting with the flowers and view from their sunroom. I refinished lot of pieces in my younger days, but I would not want to tackle that project now.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the finished project. The table and tulips looks so pretty against the window. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

I thought it might be a flip-flop table, but after I finished my work on the table top and went to lift it up by the top, the top came off! JoAnne has a flip flop table as well.