Sunday, April 23, 2023

The Moon and Venus


We have a ritual with our friends Larry and Nancy, that began near the end of Covid.  We each order Chinese take out, and then meet at their home and have dinner together, which is always a lot of fun.  It was such a relief toward the end of Covid that we could get together with friends, finally.  So tonight we got together again for dinner.  Larry had emailed me last week and wanted to know what the "bright star" was in the west, and I told him it was the planet Venus.  So I thought of that after dinner, and happened to look out the window and there was Venus and the Moon together! I was the only one who saw it through the window, so I said "Quick, everyone out on the deck!"  And this was the sight that I saw.  Everyone "got" the beauty of this celestial pair in the evening sky not that long after sunset.  I didn't have my really good camera with me, but my "toy" camera came through for me in a pinch.  Isn't this just beautiful!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo. What an amazing scene! A nice tradition of Chinese food and friends too. Trace

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo. It is so nice to be able to get together with friends and enjoy dinner or games or just conversation. The view is the icing on the cake.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

We are very envious that you have a good Chinese Take-Out Restaurant near you that you can enjoy with friends. We had a mom & pop Chinese restaurant near us that closed when Covid hit and have not had Chinese food since. As for the Moon and Venus, we have been enjoying that close alignment for the past two or three nights. Maybe tonight I will try for a photo if the night sky is clear!

Anonymous said...

Great timing! Even better that you could share the view with friends. Betsey