We did our walk along the beach again tonight, and were rewarded, once again, with a stunning sunset! I immediately started shooting, and most of the photographs look like the one below, a wide angle view of the beach and the water and the clouds. And I think that is an interesting photo and beautiful as well, but I chose as my first photograph, this view of a single woman on the beach photographing the sunset with her cellphone, I think. It just seems so much more dramatic with a single figure.
This is an earlier photograph and what makes it interesting I think are all the specks of people that can be seen against the water in the harbot which is orange because it is reflecting the sky. Really wonderful that we got two spectacular sunsets in three days! I would be interested in having you all vote for which photograph is the more interesting to you. Thanks!



6 comments:
The first photo is outstanding for color and the silhouette of the woman. I love it. Print worthy. The second photo has so much going on.
My initial reaction favored the top silhouette photo for it's brilliant color and simplicity. But after switching back and forth between the two photos and considering your comment about which photo was more "interesting", I am voting for photo number two as the more interesting sunset beach scene.
I like the first photo more because of the saturation of color. Gorgeous!!
Hi, Ken! I'm a young adult from Sea Cliff who's been following your page for a few years. It's so nice to see the history of the town I grew up in be so well-documented! It's truly beautiful what you aim to do.
I was talking to my mom the other day and realized that you may have worked with my grandmother, Margaret Gay Malone. That'd be so cool if true!
Also, I think I'm gonna have to go with the second photo on this one. I feel like the first one lacks the beautiful blue hue of the second!
Love the photos. There is so much about both of them that I like. The sunset and sky with its gorgeous colors, the lights on the far shore, the details of footprints in the sand in the second photo and the people in both. In the second photo, it's nice to see people out enjoying the early evening. There is some community harmony to the photo. Trace
Oh Wow! Yes I did work with your grandmother, a lot! I did a lot of architectural photographs for homes, I think it was. Forgive me but I know I did some other stories with her but for the life of me, I cannot remember what they were, because it was so many years ago. Thank you so much for the kind words about my photographs that involve Sea Cliff! I really appreciate your comments! There is a lot more information in the second photograph, and I am still torn trying to decide which is best. I am stunned that you are the grandson of Margaret! She was so nice to work with!
Post a Comment