Friday, September 7, 2007

The Doors


I love these doors on my garage. The house and detached garage were built in the early 1900's and the builder's care with design and construction is evident. I have photographed these doors numerous times over the years, and I never tire of looking for new compositions, using the same subject. They are the most interesting, of course, when the late afternoon sun rakes across them, as it does here. I love the details in the woodwork, and how solid they are in their construction. And, of course, the many coats of paint on top of cracked paint makes the surface texture even more worthy of studying. By the way, if you click on the photo, (or any of my blog photos) they enlarge to a bigger size in a separate window, and you can study the details more easily.

No comments: