Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Bride, Seen Differently


On the bridal shoot that I told you about the other day, I lit everything with electronic flash. I can control the look of the lighting using a portable studio strobe, and the color balance of the finished photograph is always very accurate. While looking for another location in the building for my next shot, I saw this room, which had all the lights out and just daylight from some large glass doors. It looked like some kind of a stage set. The color balance was way off - in this case the light was really "warm." But I loved the look, and so after shooting the bride in another spot with my strobe, I brought her over here for a shot for me. I had to use a tripod because the light level was low, but I LOVE this shot! Feels like a scene from one of those English period movies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

before i even read ur comment, i did think it seemed like a period bride, like 'gone in the wind' or whatever.

Anonymous said...

stunning and sweet. if i were choosing the photographs, this would be the cover. hard to imagine a more romantic and beautiful shot.

Amy said...

i concur, it's lovely. and i love how the curtain mirrors the fabric and shape of the bride.