Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rebel Without a Cause


Last night Channel 13 ran the classic James Dean movie "Rebel Without a Cause." So what does that have to do with my post today? There are two scenes in the movie that take place at Griffith Observatory. When I was there in January, I found that there is a bronze sculpture of the head of James Dean off to the side of the plaza. I couldn't imagine why until I read the inscription. So when the movie was on last night, I had to watch it. I was reminded of what a magnificent and beautiful building this is. If you click on this, you will see more clearly the city in the background.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and "giant" was shot in marfa, texas, in the shadow of the mcdonald observatory. odd ... and perhaps even odder that you could post a photograph from there.

Ken Spencer said...

But I would have to watch "Giant" first. Which I will try and remember to do. THEN I will post one of my photos from McDonald Observatory... :-)