Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Beautiful Mistake


I went out to look at the trees in the back yard because there was some nice fall color. I saw this scene, composed it carefully and snapped. I took a look at what I shot in the LCD screen on the back of the camera and was completely surprised by the color - instead of red and orange it was all blue. That was because I had the camera's color balance set for tungsten light - like lightbulbs indoors. I immediately changed the color balance back to "daylight" and proceeded to take normal looking photos. But when I went to edit the pictures, there was something about this one that was wonderful. I just loved the blue color. So here is my mistake!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful watercolor! Glad you posted your mistake! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colors - just beautiful! You're a true artist - even your mistakes are impressive. bsk