Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Sunday Afternoon


Wow, I am EXCITED about this one! It is unusual these days that I am around people so when I saw this scene, I moved in to be closer to the couple in the foreground. Then I composed the shot, being mindful of the fishermen in the distance, and the young girl on the bicycle way back. I waited and waited and took the occasional shot, but it wasn't until the man in the center walked there from the background, that I realized everything had fallen into place. I made three exposures, and the girl on the bicycle disappeared around the corner, and the moment was over. To me this image is all about foreground, middle ground and background, and balance. This is a larger than normal file, so please click on it to see it in more detail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, like a chess board where you placed the pieces. How would this look in black & white ? thanks