Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Road Ahead


This is wonderful bike riding weather, and along with the cooler temperatures there are the leaves in their fall colors. This is one of the prettiest roads on my route, or should I say, one of the most artistic. First I have to climb this mile-long hill, where I rest and have some water, then I turn and scream down the hill at 30 MPH! Part way down the hill this beautiful curve comes into view, and then the fun is carving through the turns at high speed. Beautiful and fun. And gorgeous on this fall afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is fine...but you take this hill at 30 mph, with all thos curves, with leaves on the ground, at dusk when most accidents occur and drivers who'd rather mow down cyclists than reduce their speed to be safe? You are a crazy man. (Wait, I bet you're going to say you're REALLY careful. But we all know that WE'RE not the ones who cause accidents, it's always the stupid driver who couldn't control his car.) Be careful out there!

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your concern. I don't ride at dusk - usually. This day I stopped to take photographs ( ! ) and so I was riding later than usual. And there are no leaves here. When I do see leaves, I slow to a crawl. And the good news is that there is almost no traffic on this road. I AM very careful, imagining what I would do or where I would go if cars came out of somewhere unexpectedly. You could say I am now paranoid about such scenarios. I promise to be careful.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo! I would have expected you to recite part of a poem for this winding road. :)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

It is a really pretty scene, and I guess I should have used a poem, instead of talking about it... I will have to try and find someone else's poem that would go with this...