Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Gray & Rainy Day


It was a gray and rainy day today, so I wanted to look for something different. That means I didn't want to go outside to shoot! So I looked for raindrops on one of the windows and hoped that there would be fall color in the background. I found drops on the east windows, but very little fall color. So I started looking and shooting. I noticed an interesting thing - the raindrop is a lens. If I didn't focus on the drop itself, but back focused, I could see the image of a yellow tree that the raindrop-lens created. You will want to click on the picture to enlarge it, and you can see the tree. It is upside down, by the way. Lenses do that.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Fun rainy day photograph! The image has a surreal quality.

Anonymous said...

I thought the image was a bouquet of flowers before I read your comments. Very col picture. bsk