Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Modern Ruin


I was running errands and at Roosevelt Field, (There is an Apple store there!) and saw this structure late in the day, illuminated by the setting sun. There was something that seemed classic to me about this structure. Classic, and abandoned. Except it is not - it is a very active parking garage. The only thing that made it more of a photo was the blue sky with the cloud. There certainly are modern buildings that have no warmth at all to them. But, hey, they can be built cheaply. And look it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have some subliminal attachment to this "classic" structure as you had a similar picture of it last year. I know money is the driver of many things but I just wish architects could be a little more creative with garages - do they all have to look so...........classic ??

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! A reader who pays attention! I am impressed that you remembered this. I do remember photographing it, but this time it was different... I think... (gulp!) I will have to go back and look at the first post. It "felt" different, but my mind is failing these days... :-)