Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Have Been Waiting For This...


I left late today for my bike ride - too close to darkness. I thought: "Why bother to bring my camera on the bike because it will be too dark to shoot, even if I find a picture." Well, I brought the camera anyhow, and I am glad I did! I took this photo at my rest stop near the end of my ride each day, at the top of a mile-long hill. I have seen this scene on and off, over the last four years, and each time, if the light was right, I would think: "I need to come back here with my camera." Well, today everything was right, AND... I had my camera! Wonderful scene, isn't it, with the yellow artificial light and the blue light from dusk. Such wonderfully rich color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How beautiful....

Anonymous said...

It looks like the cover of a book....Amy, get your pen out!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the color of this! The smaller picture looks a little "spooky"... bsk

Paxbob said...

This is my favorite among your recent photos, maybe because it was something you waited for and caught just right. Pax, Bob