Thursday, July 18, 2013

I May be an Idiot


There have been stories in the newspaper lately about the spread of West Nile Virus, which is spread by mosquitos, and is on the rise.  And there were other stories about the arrival of the Tiger mosquitos which are very agressive.  So today I decided it was time to go to Shu Swamp to photograph.  I haven't been there in a couple of years, and I was there in the fall the last time.  But to go to a SWAMP in the middle of summer, when it was 93 degrees?  What, am I nuts?  I did use insect repellent, and I wore a long sleeved shirt and long pants.  I only felt one mosquito, which was nice.  I took a number or really nice photographs, so it was worth the trip.  I love the feel that this looks like some mysterious mountain in this photograph.  It is really the root system of a huge tree that had been blown down.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are nuts to go to a swamp at this time of year, but you took an amazing photo! I cannot believe the mountain of tree roots! Lovely photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Looks like a teepee in the middle of the woods - cool photo! bsk