Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Detail in Nature


We were cleaning out the gardens, because we didn't clean them last fall.  I saw this plant with delicate silver branches sticking up from it.  All the dead branches needed to be trimmed.  I was taken by the beautiful silver gray color.  Then I was aware of the delicacy of their branches.  I clipped a branch, and did a little studio set up outdoors.  I fastened the brach to a light stand to hold it, and got a black background to better show the overall shape of the plant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple beauty, but a lot of work for you to put this all together. Love it.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks! The stalk was so beautiful, it was worth taking the time to make a little "studio" to do the photograph it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love it. Polly

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Polly. I thought there was something here worth photographing, when I saw the gentle curve in the branch.