Friday, April 17, 2015

The Presbyterian Church


There is going to be an exhibit of photographs, drawings, paintings, and performance art, all having to do with the power plant demolition.  I went to the venue the other day, because I will not be around for the exhibit.  I did get to hang three of my photographs, and then I looked around this parish hall where the exhibit will be held.  I spotted this scene in one corner of the hall, and thought it was a lovely tableau.  Is this perfect, or what?  The tiny chair hanging from the wall is what makes this a photograph.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I am curious - what 3 photos did you take for the exhibit? And, what is the reason for hanging the small chair? bsk

Ken Spencer said...

One photo was the power plant before demolition started, from across the harbor, with late afternoon sunlight illuminating it. The next photograph was a view of the power plant from the south before demolition, and the last photograph was the last two sections of skeleton steelwork in a snowstorm.