Monday, April 13, 2015

The End of the Line


It is near the end of the line for Radio Shack, sad to say.  The company had about 4,300 stores in the United States, and about 1,800 are slated to close.  This is confusing but they have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and there is some deal where Sprint will be involved with a number of the stores where they will be co-branded with the Sprint name.  At least for a while.  I am sad to see them go, even though I didn't shop there all that much.  But I have bought so many electronic components for building things for my amateur radio hobby over the years.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

I wonder where all the Nerds building Girl Robots will get their parts now?

Ken Spencer said...

Probably at the "Maker Store" Do-it-yourself is making a comeback.