Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Road to Portal


The thing about the western landscape is that you can see forever.  There is a classic view in so many places where the road runs in a straight line and there are mountains at the end.  I thing that perhaps the best version is in Utah.  But I saw this view on the way to Portal, Arizona.  More on Portal in a later post.  I promised Stan that I wouldn't shoot when I was driving, but when I saw this scene, I knew I had to take a few shots.  What makes this one special, is the patch of sunlight in the distance, and the road in shadow in the foreground.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and no other cars on the road..

Ken Spencer said...

I never thought of this! Perhaps one or two cars came from the other direction over 10 or 20 miles. Makes the possibility of "An Airbag Moment" less likely... :-)