Friday, April 10, 2015

But is it Close Enough for Dean?



So I saw that some Crocus had finally come up in the garden next to the driveway.  I decided to use my Macro lens to do a closeup picture.  Of course when I do a closeup, I have a problem - will I be CLOSE enough?  My friend Dean, in Tucson, is an amazing photographer and he does wonderful photographs of the night skies, and the Moon and Sun and planets.  He also does amazing closeups of birds and insects and plants.  I mean, REALLY close.  So whenever I post a closeup, Dean, in good humor, usually says to me "Not close enough!"  So I think these are close enough, finally. Dean will let us know, of course.  There is a difference between the two photographs.  It was such a gray and rainy day,  that I decided to illuminate the Crocus with a small portable flash unit.  The second photo is just natural light.  I though there would be more of a difference.

4 comments:

Dean said...

Adequate! Love the water droplets! -Dean

Ken Spencer said...

Dean: Your reply made me laugh out loud! Thanks!

jenny.beans said...

Are these crocuses or hyacinths?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

jenny beans: I looked at them today, and suddenly thought, these are not crocus! Yikes! Good catch. It is clear I know nothing about flowers... :-)