Thursday, June 4, 2015

Heartbreaker


Back in the middle of May I showed a photograph of the mother cat and one of her kittens, sitting on top of the kayak in our neighbor's yard, as seen through the fence.  We thought everything was going well, because we were feeding the mother every day, and not going near the babies.  A few days after that photo was taken, we realized that they were all gone!  The mother cat had moved her kittens again!  We did a search, looking over fences into other neighbor's yards, to no avail.  We have been unable to find them all.  The mother stopped coming by to feed as well.  What a heartbreaker this mother cat is.  We wanted to capture the mother cat and have her spayed, and take her kittens and save them from becoming feral cats.  That is no longer possible, unless something changes.  Today she showed up at the back door at about 5:30 and I fed her, trying to keep an eye on her.  Here she is waiting to be fed.  At one point I turned my back and she was gone, and we have no idea where.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope she stays safe. She looks so much like the stray we had on Seaside Avenue that Jenny wanted me to keep. I fed her even days for many weeks. I even cut a plastic bin for back porch so she could hide from the storm that was coming, Jenny and I posted flyers all around trying to find its owner to no avail. A very friendly cat.
Joan