Monday, September 7, 2015

Long Time Companion


Kathy baked a blueberry peach pie tonight for dessert.  She needed to know how much sugar to add to the filling.  So she got this cookbook out.  Man, this has gone a lot of miles!  She can't remember where she got it, but the publication date is 1970.  If I had given it to her, I would have inscribed it, as I have done with other cookbooks I have given her as gifts. I love how this book looks - it's patina and all the wear that is obvious on the outside.  Isn't it wonderful to have a book like this that you have used all your life?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that it has been well used. Kathy is a wonderful baker and cook! I have Better Homes from 1971. Is this the book you used chowder recipe from?
Joan

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... I have that exact book and it looks exactly like that!!! wear and tear and all.. such a great book!! :)..

Anonymous said...

That is amazing thinking of the history of the book-the years and the meals prepared from the book and family times together sitting around a table eating the meal. A very thought provoking picture. Nostalgic. Trace

Anonymous said...

Kathy bakes the best pies! Make sure that this recipe book stays together!! I also have the Better Homes and Gardens book from 1971 and it is well used - spots and all. bsk

Anonymous said...

We always look forward to Kathy's delicious pies. I have the Better Homes and Gardens from 1968, pages are worn and falling out.