Wednesday, September 2, 2015

There is a Bike Under There!


There is a bicycle under here!  Actually there are two bicycles under here, if you look closely.  You might guess that this is absolutely painful for me to see bikes like this.  I am a maintenance maniac when it comes to my bikes, and I keep them cleaned and lubricated and indoors to protect them from the weather.  Bicycles are magnificent machines and a magical way to get around, if they are maintained properly.  I am guessing that these bike chains are completely rusted.  These are beach bikes in Montauk, with all the salt air that exists there, but having them overgrown with vines is beyond the pale!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok come on you know you want to repair them - even just a little bit ??? Did you cave in ?

Ken Spencer said...

The repairs for just one bike would take the better part of an entire day. I only saw the bikes as we were leaving.

Liz said...

oh! That one in the front (you can just see the "univega" name) is my old bike - I bought it in Washington, DC, moved it to NYC and then on to Montauk! She served me well in her better days :)