Thursday, September 3, 2015

You Decide




I went to the harbor again to look for photographs.  I loved finding this scene with this unusual piece of silver driftwood.  I saw it in color, of course, but something made me think that perhaps this should be a black & white image.  I tried to imagine the scene without color, and I thought it might be a better photograph.  So when I got home, I converted one copy of the picture to black & white, and left the original in color.  I think I like the B&W image the best.  What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the color photo, mainly because of the contrast and all the different shades in the rocks.
Joan

Anonymous said...

although i usually prefer the b&w when you do these a and b tests, i'm with joan this time.
ginger

ken schwarz said...

I gotta go with the girls on this. I like B&W photographs but, in this case, I think the range of colors adds more to this waterfront scene compared with shades of gray.

Anonymous said...

I like the photo better in color because of the contrast between the rocks and the driftwood. bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! Thank you all for your comments. I love that all four of you like the same version of the photograph. Thank you! I am going to have to reconsider this...

Anonymous said...

I also prefer the color version because of the life & death aspect. The green sea grass, water, earth toned rocks, and weeds near the driftwood speak life around this dried up, lifeless piece of wood.
jenny