Friday, July 20, 2018

They're All Gone Now


There is a house down the street where a bunch of different people lived.  One time a man saw me looking at the sun in my side yard and I invited him to look through my telescope.  He lived here.  There was a young woman who wore a head scarf all the time, and walked up and down Laurel Avenue to get wherever she was going.  She lived there.  There were always 4 or 5 cars in the driveway.  The house went up for sale about a year ago, and then about three weeks ago, they held an open house sale of all the furniture and other things.  Yesterday, this was the only piece left, sitting out by the curb by itself.  The end of an era.  It will be interesting to see who moves in now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the caption and story. A few years ago, I would have picking up that chair from the side of the road.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking photo and story. It made me think of neighborhoods and houses and the life and stories and memories that are created in them. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, thank you both for your comments. I am never sure what kinds of photographs will get comments, and I am surprised at this one. But nI love how the photograph can mean different things to different people. Thanks for taking the time to comment.