Tuesday, August 25, 2020

No Dunkin' Donuts - Week 24


A lovely day at the beach today.  It was a not to hot, and there was a pretty good breeze out of the west the whole time we were there, so it was so nice to sit in a breeze and have coffee and a donut.  I was looking around for photographs which are harder to find on the beach lately.  With the heat most people are staying home.  I did see these two groups of people with their umbrellas, so walked down to the water to change my point of view.  And this giant floating marine crane, made a perfect background I thought, because it was incongruous.  I checked Google maps, and the crane is almost half a mile away - I was using a 400mm lens and long focal length lenses compress objects in the photograph. This crane, by the way is a monster, and they have photographs posted on the fence where it is kept, and it can lift an entire barge or boat out of the water!

 

No comments: