Thursday, August 27, 2020

This is Surreal


I can't believe this photograph!  I took my infrared camera out and walked over to the side garden, just to see what I could see.  The thing is, with the infrared camera, you never know how things will look.  I was stunned when I saw this image on the back of the camera after I took the first picture!  As a reminder, the infrared camera sees only infrared light and plants with chlorophyl reflect a lot of that light.  So it turns out that everything in the garden reflects IR light, and so everything is white in this picture.  the brightest white is a patch of sunlight shining on the ivy.  There was no way that I could imagine this photograph when I snapped the shutter!  Please click on this image to see it in a larger size.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't even realize that the photo is a garden until I read your blog. Looks like you set up a light behind the garden because it looks so bright. Very cool picture! betsey

ken schwarz said...

An interesting effect with varying shades of light coming from very subtle garden details! I understand how pleased you were after viewing the infrared exposure!