Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Eye


I was stopped at a red light behind this tanker truck full of gasoline.  It had filled up down at the terminal at the harbor, where fuel comes in by barge.  I have seen these trucks over the years, and have been familiar with the eye inside the triangle.  The eye is there because the first name of the transportation company is "Island."  But I got curious about the significance of an eye in a triangle.  It is called "The Eye of Providence," or "the all-seeing eye of God."  It is used in various religions and other institutions whereby the eye of God watches over humanity.  It is also one of the symbols of the Masons, and it is the symbol of His Divine watchfulness and His ever present care of the universe.  It is also on the top of the pyramid on the reverse of the U.S. One Dollar bill.  Aren't you glad you came by the blog today to find all this out?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I am glad I came and learned all this new information. I grabbed my wallet, but I did not have a one dollar bill. I will need to get change and come back.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I always love learning new information. I remember one of Dan Brown's books, The DaVinci Code (or Angels and Demons), which discussed symbols that the Masons used. It did mention the back of the dollar bill. Fascinating "stuff". betsey