Sunday, April 30, 2023

A Child's Rusty Bicycle


I can't explain my attraction to this scene.  Maybe just because I love bicycles.  But the sight of a child's bicycle, left all alone leaning against a bench makes me curious.  I photographed this the day Stan and I were flying his drone at the big ball field in town.  There were no children anywhere near the ball field the time we were there.  One telltale sign for me is that the chain from the pedals to the gear on the rear wheel is so completely rusted.  Perhaps so rusted that it might not be possible to even pedal the bike.  So I hope the bike was not abandoned for that reason.  I could make the chain like new with a wire brush and some chain lube and it would work perfectly.  I will have to go by there and see if it is still there.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad to see a lonely abandoned bicycle. You made me smile that your first thought was you could fix the rusted chain and make it like new again. Thank you Mr. Fixit! I hope the owner returns or a child without a bike might be able to use it.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I thought that it might have been left for some child who could use a bike...I love that you would fix the chain so it was useable. Betsey