Thursday, April 6, 2023

And What's to Become of This Home...


We were headed north on the way to Vince and JoAnne's when this house flashed by on our left.  I couldn't help notice all the boarded up windows and doors on this house.  Naturally, I am always looking for old and abandoned things to photograph along my way.  I didn't stop in my first passing, but today I went to the George Eastman Museum in Rochester, and saw this as I passed by this morning, and vowed to stop and photograph it on the way home.  Which I have done.  What is interesting about this house is that it appears to have a brand new metal roof on it, which means it won't rot and collapse after 30 or 40 years as the Ovid farmhouse did.  There is a lot of agricultural land around this area, and a lot of it has already been developed with large housing and condominium projects.  So perhaps this land is destined to suffer the same development.  I will keep you posted, but it may take a while to see what happens here. This house is in a spectacular setting, by the way, it stands alone on the top of a rise and so is silhouetted against the sky in both directions.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a nice old home on a beautiful piece of land. I hope they restore it and don't start building more homes! Trace

Anonymous said...

I am hoping, because of the new tin roof, that this home will be restored and a family will enjoy the home with expansive views.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The new tin roof gives me hope that the house will be restored. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

I looked more carefully and apparently the land on either side of this house has been leveled off somewhat and there are giant concrete cylinders stacked nearby - cylinders which will form part of the road drainage system, I think. I will keep reporting...