Thursday, April 13, 2023

Black Hawk Over Sea Cliff


I went by the post office today to mail some letters.  After putting them in the mailbox, I went back to my car and heard this helicopter.  So I looked up and saw this huge helicopter, flying slowly, down low.  So as I watched it get closed I grabbed my toy camera on my belt, and started photographing.  This is a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter. I think it is flying at about 500 feet, which is low, but not low for a helicopter.  Fixed wing aircraft are limited to 1000 feet above populated areas, but there is no limit to helicopters.  This is one of my first photographs, and the helo continued past me and then did a slow turn around downtown Sea Cliff and then headed back to the west.  It was so cool to see this helo down low.  I am guessing that the pilot or one of the crew members perhaps had lived here.  They were just sightseeing!

 

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

An interesting mix of angles, brilliant clear-blue sky and complex piece of government hardware. I wonder if the flight commander is aware that his boys are taking a Sikorsky UH-60 out for a joy ride over Sea Cliff?