Sunday, April 2, 2023

More Spring Color!


I first posted a photograph of this flower, when the buds were still down in among the green leaves and that was about 12 days ago.  I was thrilled to see the flowers in bloom, up and out of their green surroundings.  Of course the problem is trying to figure out what flowers these are.  Kathy she she knew, but just couldn't think of it at the moment!  We do a lot of that these days!  Not that any of you would have this same experience!   :-)   So these are Hyacinths, and they are different looking than the traditional ones.  These are about 10 years old and Kathy's sense is that Hyacinths only last 3 or 4 years.  But these have spread out and there are bunches of them in the garden.  In any case, I am just thrilled to see more color!  I love what my new macro lens can do.  I have always owned macro lenses for my Nikons, but not for my Canon 6D.  And I didn't have one for my new SONY a7, so I realized it would give me more opportunities for photographs, and I bought one.  What fun these lenses are, letting me get just inches away from my subjects, if I want to be that close.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bright blue color and the scent of Hyacinths. I enjoy seeing the early Spring flowers and I am surprised at seeing so many daffodils in bloom this early in the season.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I believe those are English Wood Hyacinths. Mine are not yet showing and mine are not the vibrant color of yours....my Grape Hyacinths are up however.

Anonymous said...

Love the bright blue color! Really brightens my spirit. I have always enjoyed their fragrance. Thanks for posting. Betsey

Anonymous said...

My mistake .....after taking my walk today...and looking more closely at all of the spring flowers blooming.....yup...I guess they are hyacinths...and not the English wood variety... that are not up yet. I just noticed that some of the hyacinths I saw were just fuller than others.....

Ken Spencer said...

Anonymous: Not to worry about the subtleties of plant identification! I think I only know the names of about 6 flowers, and most likely couldn't identify them on sight! So you can tell me anything and I will believe you. Thanks for writing.