Friday, October 5, 2007

9:35 AM !


I had an assignment to photograph people who have read Alan Alda's new book, and how they have changed the way they look at and live their lives differently as a result. This man has started to take yoga classes. He was to be photographed walking along the water at Bayard Cutting Arboretum, and then in the yoga class. I was to meet him at 9:15, and have 15 minutes to shoot before the class started at 9:30. The morning at the arboretum was just beautiful with a slight fog over the water to add to the atmosphere. So he shows up at 9:35! Now the pressure is on for me to grab some photographs outdoors, and then arrive at the yoga class late to photograph him there. Man, what a pain! Anyhow I thought I was getting a cool shot of him looking out at the water and I shot a lot of pictures. Looking at the photographs, however, it feels as if I missed it. I would love to go back and try this again, and try some different compositions. For starters, I think I would move in close with a wide-angle lens and see if the images would more dramatic. I did several other photographs in different places on the grounds, so the shoot is not a total loss, but it feels a bit as if I failed. That's not a good feeling.

No comments: